(Exam Board: AQA)
At KS5, we have two routes of study available – English Language and English Literature. Where possible, the curriculum at KS4 is designed to support the transition into A Level with skills being developed to ensure that they are ‘A Level ready’ – especially with the more able students.
English Literature – A Level
- A Street Car Named Desire – Tennessee Williams
- Othello – William Shakespeare
- Feminine Gospels – Carol Ann Duffy
- Poetry Anthology
- The Picture of Dorian Grey – Oscar Wilde
- The Great Gatsby – F Scott Fitzgerald
- The Handmaid’s Tale – Margaret Atwood
Mr R Pierpoint
Miss F Dutton
Mr J Hendley
Mr D Reed
There will be opportunities for groups of students to visit libraries, theatres, etc. throughout the year depending on availability.