What are T Levels?
T Levels are a new 2-year qualification that you can do as an alternative to an A Level. They blend classroom learning with an industry placement to give you a head start in your chosen career.
T Levels are ideal if you have finished your GCSE’s and want the knowledge and experience to get straight into employment, an apprenticeship or higher education. You’ll spend 80% of your time in the classroom and 20% on a 45-day placement with an employer to give you the skills and knowledge companies look for.
One T Level takes 2 years of full-time study and is equivalent in size to 3 A levels.
What areas can I study?
T Levels cover a vast array of different subject areas with a full list of areas found on the DfE’s T Level website (https://www.tlevels.gov.uk ). At Painsley Catholic College, students can currently study Digital Production, Design and Development.
From September 2023 we are looking to expand the number of courses by offering T Levels in Business Management & Administration and Education & Childcare.
Where could a T Level take me?
After completing the Digital T Level there are 2 paths that you can take.
- Apply to University
- Move onto a Higher-Level Apprenticeship as a software developer.
- Directly into a job
Just like A Levels, T Levels also carry UCAS points (equivalent of 3 A Levels) which universities use as their entry requirements. The points can be seen in the table below.
|UCAS Tariff points
|T Level overall grade
|Equivalent A Level grades
Why study T levels at Painlsey?
Painsley Sixth Form College offers:
• Sixth form was rated Outstanding by OFSTED in 2022.
• One of the very first centres selected nationwide to offer new T Level qualifications from September 2020.
• An outstanding and proven record in teaching and learning.
• Academic excellence.
• Excellent enrichment opportunities including sports, societies including the medical and law society, trips and work experience.
• A personal tutor and mentor system.
• A mature learning environment.
• An outstanding bridge to university and employment.
Our Digital T Level is housed in its own purpose-built Digital Hub with state-of-the-art equipment and facilities. We welcome students from other secondary schools of all faiths and none – all are welcome to apply.